Topics covered include:
- Writing robust step definition methods
- Writing high quality scenarios
- Advanced Gherkin - using data tables and scenario outlines
- Test automation architectures for real-world application - combining Cucumber and Serenity for more sustainable test suites
- Organising your test suites - using tags and requirements hierarchies
- Writing better automated web tests in Java with Serenity BDD and Cucumber
- Testing REST APIs with Cucumber, Rest Assured and Serenity
- Cucumber and the Screenplay pattern
- Using Cucumber and Serenity for better reporting and living documentation
This course is currently under development, with new modules being released every couple of weeks. When completed, the course will include over 4 hours of material. New modules will be added over the coming months.
John is an international speaker, consultant, author and trainer well known in the Agile community for his many books, articles and presentations, particularly in areas such as BDD, TDD, test automation, software craftsmanship and team collaboration.
John helps organisations and teams around the world deliver better software sooner through more effective collaboration and communication techniques, and through better technical practices.
Very active in the Open Source community, John also leads development on the innovative Serenity BDD test automation library, described as the "best opensource selenium webdriver framework".